Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Joys of Jell-O Recipe #7: Quick Fruit Dessert

In the reference section of all mid-century Jell-O cookbooks, there is a method described to accelerate the setting of gelatin using ice. I have always thought that the claim that this speed-set method could completely harden gelatin in one hour was a little far-fetched, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it works like a charm.



To make this simple Jell-O recipe, I just added a package of frozen raspberries to a normal mixture of hot water and raspberry gelatin, and, as claimed, the gelatin was fully set after an hour in the fridge.



As far as taste and appearance go, there's really nothing to say about this "recipe". It tastes like Jell-O with fruit, alrighty, which I guess is a good thing considering that that's what it's going for, but there's nothing more to it than that. In all, I can definitely recommend this recipe for anyone needing to get Jell-O made quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment